VDC Trading is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
VDC Trading may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 24th August 2020.
VDC TRADING LTD.
4 BRANDON ROAD
TEL 020 7700 2777
VDC is registered with the ICO as a data controller, reg. no. Z2103841.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following:
- Name, job title, company name, email address, telephone number, business or home address.
- Transaction, billing and delivery information for fulfilment of orders placed with us
- Other information relating to customer surveys
- Anonymous statistics relating to use of the VDC website
HOW WE GET THE INFORMATION
- Most information is provided by you when you set up an account with us, via the website or submission of a trade account application form, or place an order with us via the website, email, telephone or in person
- Responding to customer surveys
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- For fulfilment of orders placed with us and maintenance of your VDC account
- To manage and respond to customer enquiries, technical questions and quotation requests
- To maintain and improve the VDC website experience
Under Data Protection Law we rely on the following legal bases for processing your personal information:
- To enter into and complete our contract with you when you place an order
- We have had your consent e.g. signing up to email newsletters or contacting us with a query, for technical advice or a quotation
- Legal obligation – where processing is necessary to comply with the law
VDC may on occasion need to share your personal information with third parties relating to the operation of the business, as shown below:
- Freight Forwarders, Couriers and other delivery companies
- Credit reference and fraud protection agencies
- Customs authorities in the UK and destination country for export orders
- Government and law enforcement authorities, e.g. to report fraud or in response to a lawful request
- Business Sale - if VDC is sold then information would be shared with the buyer
- Credit and Debit card details are securely passed on to our card payment provider and the card issuer. These details are not stored by VDC
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- Information is stored securely on our web server, other servers used for VDC’s accounting and business systems and in backups of these servers. Some information may be stored on paper at VDC’s offices e.g. records of correspondence relating to queries and complaints
- Where we no longer need to keep your personal information we will ensure it is deleted
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you
More information on these rights can be found on the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Please contact us if you want to make a request, with the subject line or addressed as Data Protection.
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your data you can complain to the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113