The site, which can be found at www.vdctrading.com, went live earlier this month. It features a fresh and funky new look – with an animated home page - and has been completely overhauled with improved navigation and enhanced functionality. Providing visitors with better access to essential information, whether on desktop, mobile or tablet, it clearly provides an insight into the business and can help anyone that needs specialist cabling and associated products.
It incorporates a whole host of exciting new features such as:
- A much improved search function – making it faster and easier to find products
- A new SmartAsk section – where customers can find inspiring case studies for some of the one-off projects that have been completed and also a great reference library for technical information
- The newsroom where everyone can see VDC’s latest company announcements and customer stories
- ‘YouSpec’ - VDC’s intuitive product configurator - has been redesigned to enable customers to bespoke order anything from a simple audio, video or fibre cable assembly to a much more involved complicated multicore/multipin system. The beauty of YouSpec allows customers to personally design exactly the right length and colour and labelling of their cable assemblies to meet their specific needs
- ‘Cable Miles’, a new loyalty reward scheme for returning customers, which allows them to save as they spend, converting to discounts for future orders.
Niall Holden, CEO, VDC, commented: “It’s been over a decade since we launched the original VDC website. Things have moved on since then and we thought it was now time to invest in a significant update to the site. Our main goal was to help users get from one place to the next with ease, ensuring navigation and content were clear and easy to follow. We also wanted to make the website graphically appealing while maintaining our existing company branding. And we have done just that. We’ve pulled out all the stops - the site is modern and impactful and we’re incredibly pleased with the result. As a leading supplier of analogue and digital audio, video and fibre cables to the professional and domestic user, it was important for us to create an exceptional and revitalised experience for our customers.”
VDC’s new website was developed in conjunction with Nous, a brand development and design agency in London.